Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Stress & RA

In dealing with my RA, it's helped a lot that it was caught early. I'm blessed with a doctor who loves solving problems. Since we have known one another for years, when I first when to him 5 years ago, he took my symptoms seriously. However, the thing which seems to have the most negative effect on how I feel is... If I allow stress to get the better of me, I spend days paying for it. That begs the obvious question of how do you prevent it from "getting the better" of you...? I wish I could say that that was something that I had mastered. I haven't. I do much better though when I've spent time reading God's Word and talking to Him in prayer. When I've been focused at work on the things that I can control so that they are not Out of Control. When I remember that in light of eternity, how important is something... There are many ways of attacking stress. I hope that you're looking at keeping things under control, rather than running around with your hair on fire.

No comments:

Post a Comment