Tuesday, August 26, 2014

So Thankful

It's easy to think that you're alone out there. Fighting for motion against something as insidious as Autoimmune Rheumatoid Disease is as much mental is physical. It's very sad when families or friends don't understand or don't believe what someone is going through.

It's easy to go the other way as well, and blame everything on your disease. You see idiot Bureaucrats who are limiting people's access to the pain meds that are needed by so many, and you start to feat the pain...


I've been fighting chronic pain, in one sort or another, for more than 10 years. About 6 years ago, during my second round of disk pain, I started being fearful of the pain. What I didn't realize was that dealing with the severe pain that I was fighting against would be practice for a life long fight with RD. 


I believe that in its historical context, without any additions or subtractions that the Bible is truth. In Romans 8:28 it says that... "we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose." So, if that's true and I believe it is, then dealing with RD is good for me for some reason. Things are not always what they seem, so I encourage you to look for the things to be thankful for. 

No comments:

Post a Comment